Level 3 BTEC Unit 30: Setting and Proving Secondary Processing Machines
Credit value: 10
This unit aims to give learners the knowledge and skills needed to set up and use a range of traditional and specialist secondary processing machines to produce components.
The BTEC specification for this unit can be found here
On completion of this unit a learner should:
- Know how traditional and specialist secondary processing machines function
- Understand how work holding devices, tools and machine parameters are set up to produce a range of components
- Be able to safely set up a secondary processing machine to accurately make a component
- Know how to produce trial components relevant to the use of a secondary processing machine before handing over to an operator.
This unit has 3 Assignments:
- Assignment 1 -
- Assignment 2 -
- Assignment 3 -
- Edwards J – Lathe Operation and Maintenance (Hanser, 2003) ISBN 1569903409
- Timings R L – Basic Manufacturing (Newnes, 2004) ISBN 0750659904